- The Way Back: Colin Farrell. Ed Harris. Good Storyline. Tough to mess that up.
- The Tree of Life: Brad Pitt. Sean Penn. Looks like it could be really good. Interesting trailer. Plot description on Wikipedia makes it sound pretty deep. A thinker.
- Hannah: Unsure?
- Kill The Irishman: I’m liking this Ray Stevenson guy. If I had to lean one way or the other, I’d lean towards it being dece. More thumbs up than thumbs down. On the plus side, it has Walken. On the plus and minus side, it has Fat Kilmer.
- Real Steel: The idea sounded really dumb, but I saw Hugh Jackman, so I gave the trailer a shot. Looks like it might be entertaining on an IMAX screen. Also has Evangeline Lilly, and a black dude that I really like from other movies. (This just in: the black dude is Anthony Mackie. Love him. And Kevin Durand is also in it. Love him too. But not more than Hugh.)
- PotC: Johnny.
- Hop: When are animated movies ever bad?
- Rio: See Hop. Plus it has Jesse Eisenberg’s voice. Love him. In a different way than Hugh.
- Drive Angry: OK, so I saw the picture with Nic Cage driving a car, and I saw the title with Drive in it, and I immediately had a Gone in 60 Seconds flashback. I know it’s weird, but I LOVE Nic Cage. Maybe more than Hugh. I know he’s a terrible actor, but I still like him. So I’m imaginging a pretty entertaining chase movie, and here’s what I get…”Milton, a hardened felon has broken out of hell for one last chance at redemption. Intent on stopping a vicious cult who murdered his daughter, he has three days to stop them before they sacrifice her baby beneath a full moon. He’s joined by Piper – a young, sexy waitress who liberates her ex-boyfriend’s cherry-red muscle car in order to help Milton. Now, the two of them are hot on the trail of the deadly leader of the cult, Jonah King, who believes it is his destiny to use the baby to unleash hell on earth. But the bloodthirsty cult is the least of Milton’s problems. The police are after him too. And worse, an enigmatic killer known only as “The Accountant” – who has been sent by the Devil to retrieve Milton and deliver him back to hell. With wicked cunning and hypnotic savagery, the Accountant will relentlessly pursue Milton at high speed across the country until his mission is accomplished. Fueled by high octane and pure rage, Milton must use his anger to go beyond all human limits to avenge his daughter’s murder, before his last chance at redemption is revoked.” Oh wow.
- I Am: Oh no.
- Cedar Rapids: Actually looks pretty funny. Ed Helms. John C. Reilly. And it’s about insurance agents! (Have to check it out when it gets closer to the theaters because it looks like it might be a little too dirty.)
- Hood to Coast: It’s about running. And the PNW. Heck yes.
- Biutiful: Looks incredibly powerful, and Javier Bardem looks like he does an amazing job, but it looks a little too dirty for my tastes.
- Made in Dagenham: As a staunch feminist, this movie is right up my alley. =) But seriously, it does look like it will be pretty good.
- Son of Babylon: Looks powerful.
- The Legend of Pale Male: C’mon, it’s about a bird. And yet, aside from some of the weird people they show in the trailer, I really want to see it.
*As always, my opinions are not necessarily the opinions of the people at mcmiracle.com. Kate and I are always looking for good new movies, so let us know if you know of anything worth checking out.
(In related news, saw True Grit last night. Well done. Definitely worth seeing.)